Faculty and Staff
Math and Physics are administrated jointly. The chair of the departments of Mathematics and Physics is Jeffrey R. Schmidt (schmidt(at)uwp.edu). This site is secure (ssl) and uses a self-generated security certificate, which you should instruct your browser to accept. You can check it with digicert.
To see what courses are offered or planned in the near future, click on Math Courses.
- William Arvola Visiting Assistant Professor
- Esther Beneish Associate Professor, (esther.beneish(at)uwp.edu)
- Andrew Brunner Professor Emeritus, (andrew.brunner(at)uwp.edu)
- Alexander Lichtman Professor Emeritus, (lichtman(at)uwp.edu)
- Ryan Karr Assistant Professor, (karr(at)uwp.edu)
- Victor Kreiman Assistant Professor, (kreiman(at)uwp.edu)
- Lan Nguyen Assistant Professor, (nguyenl(at)uwp.edu)
- Zahra Kohneh Senior Lecturer, (zahra.kohneh(at)uwp.edu)
- Dennis Miller Lecturer, (dennis.miller(at)uwp.edu)
- Denise Widup Senior Lecturer, (denise.widup(at)uwp.edu)
- David Bruning Associate Professor, (david.bruning(at)uwp.edu)
- Dileep Karanth Senior Lecturer, (dileep.karanth(at)uwp.edu)
- Luba Pidcock Lab Manager, (pidcock(at)uwp.edu)
- Pirooz Mohazzabi Professor, (pirooz.mohazzabi(at)uwp.edu)
- Jeffrey R. Schmidt Associate Professor/Chair, (schmidt(at)uwp.edu)
Useful Math Links
- Physics department.
- Mathematics e-prints arXive http://xxx.lanl.gov/
- Theoretical Physics e-prints arXive http://xxx.lanl.gov/.
- University of Wisconsin Electronic Library http://www.library.wisc.edu.
- Gnuplot plotting/graphing software.
- Putnum exam
- University of Wisconsin-Parkside http://www.uwp.edu
- REDUCE is a full-featured and free computer algebra system.
- Ghostscript Printing Software ftp://ftp.cs.wisc.edu/ghost/aladdin/.
- Maxima a free, GPL’d computer algebra system, comparable to Mathematica.
- Axiom is a free, research-grade computer algebra system.
- Sage is a free, research-grade computer algebra system with Mathematica-style notebooks.
- OpenOffice free office suite, compatible with and replacement for Microsoft Office.
- DJVU browser plugin http://www.lizardtech.com/download/dl_download.php
- Octave http://www.gnu.org/software/octave/, high-level language for numerical linear algebra. Matlab compatible.
- Actuarial Careers http://www.actuary.com/